- Individuals and teams from Australia who have ideas, projects or ventures within the scope of four categories: Smart Agriculture, Connected Health, Mining & Smart Cities.
- Students, researchers & startups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Smart Cities: Ideas, research & technologies in Energy, Water, Environment, Transport & Public Safety that contribute the greatest potential social impact for the cities of the future.
- Connected Health: Medical devices, technology, software or research that improves social health outcomes
- Mining: Ideas that improve the efficiency, productivity, safety or environmental impact of mining
- Smart Agriculture: Ideas & technologies that improve the efficiency, productivity or environmental impact of agriculture.
- How innovative the project outlined in the application is;
- The scale/ability for greatest impact for humanity ; and
- Initial traction / success with the idea.
- Will give a short 5-minute presentation of their ideas at the Hitachi Social Innovation Forum event to be held Thursday 1 December 2016 at the Sofitel Sydney. The costs associated with travel to Sydney will be borne by Hitachi;
- Participate in press interviews, photography and filming (if necessary) prior to, on the day of, and following the announcement of the winner;
- Make themselves available for promotional and corporate appearances directly associated with the Prize, subject to reasonable notice being provided by the Prize organisers.
In the Oceania region, Hitachi Group companies have celebrated over 50 years of continued growth and advancement, dedicated to the development of products and services that contribute to environmental sustainability, responsible productivity and social innovation.